KILGORE AcademyVOCATIONAL EDUCATION FOR THE FITNESS INDUSTRY
The academy was founded in 2015 to provide a formalized and high quality vocational education for personal trainers, yoga instructors, and small gym managers that can be quickly and economically delivered anywhere in the world. Although a new institution, the academy can trace its roots, through its director, to 1997 when Dr. Lon Kilgore created one of the first completely online courses in American fitness academia, taken as a university core course by thousands of students. Years of refinements in teaching methods, assessment approaches, collaborative content creation, and technological advancements have culminated in the creation of the academy and its resident programs and courses.
For more information contact Dr Kilgore directly.
Thank you !
- It was a great course!
- I am finding the reading SUPER beneficial and the material is very well put together and easy to understand!
- I did learn a lot of things that I'm now using in my job.
- I appreciate at how quickly you always responded and answered my questions!
- Thank you for everything. The course was amazing.
- I just finished Anatomy 1 online for my CrossFit continuing education credits … great course!
- I'm really enjoying the course. I wish my university anatomy courses from 16 years ago were this good.
- Very happy to have passed my anatomy course. Even with a degree in Kinesiology, I find it useful to keep up my training and knowledge on the human body.
- Put together well and easy to understand.
- In this first anatomy course I learned a lot!
- As a coach I was able to apply the knowledge I gained through this course beginning in the first chapter!
- The learning material was easy to understand and the examples were very clear.
- Thanks again for offering this. I'm finding it extremely valuable.
- The online environment looks good. Thanks!
- I've been using the offline downloadable materials. They are very convenient.
- I love the course and really want to see it happen for others!
- I found the course really great. It was to the point, informative, science based, and brought in the aspects that I felt were the important ones to implement in a program
- I know it will be useful for my athletes at our box
- I can definitely say that the flexibility of the course has been put to the test in my case and has passed with flying colors.
- "I found the course really great. It was to the point, informative, science based, and brought in the aspects that I felt were the important ones to implement in a program without the eastern mysticism.
- "I am finding the reading SUPER beneficial and the material is very well put together and easy to understand!"
- "The Yogi teaching on the videos was great. I loved how she clearly explained the moves without all the ’spiritual’ add-on."
- “I know it will be useful for my athletes at our box.”
- "I'm thoroughly enjoying the course and there is so much demand for yoga at my CrossFit box the knowledge is going down a treat."
- "Our members really need to work on their flexibility and mobility. This is exactly the type of non-spiritual approach they are looking for too, perfect fit for our box!"