50+50 = 100 Hour Yoga Foundation
Our 50+50=100Hour Yoga Foundation Course now takes place in Glasgow, Hamilton, Livingston & Stirling
“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the Self.”
The Bhagavad Gita
Why are we doing this?
Yoga is the greatest form of exercise for optimum health and well being. You can practice at any time, any place, any where. At home, on holiday, for a short time or for a long time. Free of charge with no equipment, it's an anti-ageing practice that keeps you young internally as well as externally. Somehow you never get bored with noticing how your body responds to your self practice, but the crucial thing is knowing how to have a self practice & how to integrate yoga into your daily life, and we want to show you how.
Of what does the course comprise?
This course teaches you exactly what you need to know to build a solid knowledgeable home practice and integrate yoga into your life. The course runs over 5 modules - 1 Saturday per few weeks 8am-6pm.
If you want to be able to DO yoga, doing it yourself at home is the essential part. On this course we guide you through over 45 yoga postures, teaching you how to do them, and how they should feel when practiced correctly, giving you the confidence and knowledge develop your own practice.
We will teach you about the 5 elements and how you can use the energy of them to change your practice and enhance your health.
With a different lecture topic each month you'll learn about the body and your health and well-being, giving you practical lifestyle knowledge for optimum health and well-being day to day.
The course is split 50:50, that means 50 hours of teaching from us & 50 hours of self practice and self study from you.
Half of the course is your contribution at home. We help you build a home practice, month by month leading you through a plan of action until it becomes a habit, integrating yoga into your life. 50 hours might seem a lot but that's less than 3.5 hours a week for a healthier, fitter, more balanced self!
We have a full on-line video back up for all practice routines and postures, accessed free of charge for the duration of the course. We will also supply a log book so you can map your progress as you move through the course.
During the course you will experience the joys and amazing knowledge that this ancient system brings. At the end of it you will feel fitter and more informed about the mysteries surrounding Yoga with lots of tools to bring health and vitality into your every day life.
Included in the course:
- 45+ postures - how to practice them properly.
- Yoga flows to help you understand how the positions feel as you move through a practice.
- An introduction to the elements of nature and how they feature in living a balanced life.
- Basic breathing techniques.
- How to meditate or deepen your meditation practice - with various methods demonstrated.
- Reading lists & book discussion.
- Physiological body systems.
- Lifestyle tips for wellness and vitality.
- Introduction to yoga philosophy.
You will also receive a course book 'Deconstructing Yoga' (Hanson & Kilgore), Course Manual, access to our SYTTonline website for the duration of the course and free use of additional books from the SYA library.
This course is for you if....
- You want to handle the daily stress and strains of life in a calm efficient way.
- You want to know how to execute postures and pranayama safely and effectively.
- You want to develop a yoga self practice and integrate yoga into your life.
- You'd like to learn how to meditate or develop your meditation practice.
- You'd like to spend 5 months improving your lifestyle, health and wellbeing in a fun and safe environment.
When & Where is it happening?
The course runs over 5 modules, spread over 5 months. We have it running at:
- Seasonal Yoga Academy, Glasgow - Next course starts August 2019 (31st Aug, 21st Sept, 12 Oct, 9th Nov & 7th Dec)
- Prana Yoga, Hamilton - Next Course starts August 2019 (31st Aug, 28th Sept, 19th Oct, 16th Nov & 7th Dec)
- Choose You yoga, Livingston - Next Course dates TBC
- Aerial Roots Yoga, Stirling - Course starts April 2019 (20th Apr, 18th May, 15th Jun, 13th Jul, 10th Aug)
Total £625: Comprised deposit £150 + 5 monthly instalments of £95 (over the duration of the course
if this sounds interesting please contact us by filling out the form below. Angela, our Course Administrator, will be happy to discuss any other aspects on your contact.