50+50 = 100 Hour Yoga Foundation
Our 50+50 Hour Yoga Foundation Course now takes place in Glasgow, Hamilton, Livingston, Stirling and Edinburgh & Letchworth.
“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the Self.”
The Bhagavad Gita
Why are we doing this?
Yoga is the greatest form of exercise for optimum health and well being. You can practice at any time, any place, any where. At home, on holiday, for a short time or for a long time. Free of charge with no equipment, it's an anti-ageing practice that keeps you young internally as well as externally. Somehow you never get bored with noticing how your body responds to your self practice, but the crucial thing is knowing how to have a self practice & how to integrate yoga into your daily life, and we want to show you how.
Of what does the course comprise?
This course teaches you exactly what you need to know to build a solid knowledgeable home practice and integrate yoga into your life. The course runs over 50 hours split into 5 or 10 modules - 1 day per few weeks. Each location is different, however the course normally takes about 4 months to complete. The On line version of the course runs over 15 weeks every 21 days.
The on line training is taught over 15 weeks, every 21 days. All trainings are on line at the moment.
If you want to be able to DO yoga, doing it yourself at home is the essential part. On this course we guide you through over 45 yoga postures, teaching you how to do them, and how they should feel when practiced correctly, giving you the confidence and knowledge develop your own practice.
We will teach you about the 5 elements and how you can use the energy of them to change your practice and enhance your health.
With a different lecture topic each month you'll learn about the body and your health and well-being, giving you practical lifestyle knowledge for optimum health and well-being day to day.
The course is split 50:50, that means 50 hours of teaching from us & 50 hours of self practice and self study from you.
Half of the course is your contribution at home. We help you build a home practice, month by month leading you through a plan of action until it becomes a habit, integrating yoga into your life. 50 hours might seem a lot but that's less than 3.5 hours a week for a healthier, fitter, more balanced self!
We have a full on-line course as a back up yogafoundation.online for all practice routines and postures, accessed free of charge for the duration of the course. We will also supply a log book so you can map your progress as you move through the course.
During the course you will experience the joys and amazing knowledge that this ancient system brings. At the end of it you will feel fitter and more informed about the mysteries surrounding Yoga with lots of tools to bring health and vitality into your every day life.
Included in the course:
You will also receive a course book 'Deconstructing Yoga' (Hanson & Kilgore), Course Manual, access to our yogafoundation.online website for the duration of the course.
- 45+ postures - how to practice them properly.
- Yoga flows to help you understand how the positions feel as you move through a practice.
- An introduction to the elements of nature and how they feature in living a balanced life.
- Basic breathing techniques.
- How to meditate or deepen your meditation practice - with various methods demonstrated.
- Reading lists & book discussion.
- Physiological body systems.
- Lifestyle tips for wellness and vitality.
- Introduction to yoga philosophy & On line course also includes 2 x 30 Minutes personal coaching from our experienced teachers..
This course is for you if....
You want to handle the daily stress and strains of life in a calm efficient way.
- You want to know how to execute postures and pranayama safely and effectively.
- You want to develop a yoga self practice and integrate yoga into your life.
- You'd like to learn how to meditate or develop your meditation practice.
- You'd like to spend 5 months improving your lifestyle, health and wellbeing in a fun and safe environment.
When & Where is it happening?
At the moment the next on line course will start
Seasonal Yoga Academy, Glasgow - On line Sat 23rd 12 - 2, Sunday 24th May 10-5
- Choose You yoga, Livingston - Mid online course
- Gathering Essence, Broughton st lane, Edinburgh - next course starts Sept 2020 (6th Sept, 27th Sept, 25th Oct, 22nd Nov, 13th Dec).
- Letchworth, Herts- Mid On line
Deposit of £150 required to secure your place. Balance (£450) due prior to the start of the course or can be paid in 3 instalments of £150 over the first 3 months of the course.
if this sounds interesting please contact us by filling out the form below. Angela, our Course Administrator, will be happy to discuss any other aspects on your contact.