Courses created by Marit Akintewe, Sue Woodd & Jane Blundell
We run 2 levels of yin training, both levels have 6 full day workshops, one each season (6 in total over a year) exploring Seasonal Yin Yoga.
Yin is a wonderful practice, where time is spent in postures in a supported way (often using props), to allow the student to relax their muscles and move deeper into their structure. It can be challenging as we untie knots within the body and approach resistance from the mind, however, the stillness within the practice often leaves participants feeling significantly more relaxed and calm. A great antidote to life’s stresses and partner to more dynamic forms of yoga practice or exercise.
Within the Seasonal Yoga Yin training we shall go into your understanding of the impact of the energy of the season. In level 1, we particularly explore the muscles related to the season and focus on the exact location of the main meridians, taking time to experience the important energetic points, emotions of the season, and how to activate them during your practice. We integrate the mind set into the practice to allow the more subtle effects of the season to come to life within the sessions. There is also the introduction of some classical yogic techniques to complement each season too, for example laya yoga (working with mantras), mudras, pranayama, and more.
In level 2, we work with more depth in the 5 elements system, plus the zen shiatsu extension lines and going deeper into the body systems. We shall focus on key practice acupressure points, solidifying your ability to apply these points to your classes and your daily life. We shall also introduce how to work with chakras in this yin setting, and the body clock.
We take time to go through the classical yin postures, taking just a few each season and breaking down variations, and intentions behind each one. We use extensive props and supports to allow us to target your bodies yin tissues (ligaments, tendons, joints, etc), and although we hope you will leave feeling a wonderful mixture of invigoration, deep stretch and relaxation, the practice can be challenging.
There are several hours of yin practice in our day together.
A popular course which can be experienced for yourself and your practice, or as a teacher to bring in more ideas and techniques into your classes. These courses can also be used for credits towards your advanced 300 hour Seasonal Yoga Teacher Qualification.
To book on, please click on the link below.
During Social distancing measures we are holding our seasonal yin training online.
Live – Stream Training days (taught by Marit Akintewe and Jane Blundell) please note that each season only has 1 training day – there are options for when you do that day below:
LEVEL 1 TRAINING DAYS
- Winter; Saturday 16th Jan 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Spring; Thursday 11th March 2021: 9.15am – 4.45pm
- Spring; Sunday 14th March 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Early summer: Sunday 16th May 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Early summer: Thursday 20th May 2021: 9.15am – 4.45pm
- Summer: Thursday 17th June 2021: 9.15am – 4.45pm
- Summer: Sunday 27th June 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Late summer: Sunday 22nd August 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Late summer: Thursday 26th August 2021: 9.15am – 4.45pm
- Autumn; Sunday 10th Oct 2021: 10am – 5.30pm
- Autumn; Thur 14th Oct 2021: 9.15am – 4.45pm
LEVEL 2 TRAINING DAYS
- Body Clock day: Sunday 18th April 2021: 10 – 5.30pm
- Fire (Early summer and Summer): Sunday 11th July 2021: 10 – 5.30pm
- Earth (late summer): Sunday 12th September : 10 – 5.30pm
- Metal (autumn): Sunday 7th November 2021: 10 – 5.30pm
- Water (winter): January 2022 (exact date tbc)
- Wood (spring): March 2022 (exact date tbc)
We shall be continuing after these dates with the program and dates shall be posted closer to the time.
Also running in London, please contact us for more information on dates and locations.
£95 per module, £500 for all 6 modules, will continue to run into the future and you are welcome to attend the module when you can.
If you choose to block book for the course and receive the discount, then please attend only at the location you have booked with.
Apply – it all starts here!
If you would like more information you can download our PDF brochure here, or to begin the enquiry process, please complete the form below, and we will be in touch with you very soon.