Exhaustion V Energy in Autumn what is it all about ?18 Nov 2018
The Autumn season is often the most difficult season for your clients to get their head around. It's the time where the warm seasons change to cold, it's the time where life gets plunged into darkness - very early in the day, sending our energy spiralling downward, quite correctly in the direction of hibernation. But we are not ready for it and these shorter darker days become a constant battle of exhaustion V energy.
How do we motivate our class participants ?
- Tell them the benefits of the season and what it is all about i.e its ok to feel tired it's the start of hibernation, it is your body's natural way of getting you to slow down !
- Invite them to accept the feeling & give themselves permission to do less.
- If they do they will start to find balance for the time of year.
- As you start class inform them of the nature of the restorative practice of the metal element, slower, more comfortable, lots of breath work to enhance energy, repetitive movement to ease aches and pains, make it sound inviting and comforting.
- Use rhythmic, hypnotic music to encourage rhythmic movement and regular breath patterns.
- Encourage layering clothes back on as you reach end of class, socks, sweater, blanket for extra cozy shavasana !
Get them to give in to constantly trying to find enough energy to keep up with the crazy pace of life and turn to more rest to conserve it.
Life is a constant battle between Energy and exhaustion, energy - never having enough and exhaustion having too much - try to switch, find the balance.