EARTH YOUR ELEMENT FOR THE SEASON OF LATE SUMMER12 Sep 2016
This information allows you to
- Realise your perceptions, values, concerns and core motivators at a particular time of year.
- Enhance self-awareness and understanding, reduce stress, make better decisions and hold supportive belief patterns.
- See patterns and experiences as having meaning and value and grow from them
- Gain insight into what is healthy and unhealthy for you
- Discover what you fear and what you crave and need for wellbeing
- How we can help support and relate to others more effectively
By using this system we can develop new skills, life experiences and increase our personal power. This may involve working with an Element for a few days, weeks, months, The quicker we can notice an imbalance the less time we remain stuck in the same rut or pattern or go on attracting the same situations in different forms.
You will see you can work on an emotional, mental or physical level.
When reading the indicators you might identify strongly with some of them, have issues around them or totally lack them
The late summer is the ..
Earth Element – Late Summer the ability to return to and operate from a strong sense of centre and self worth. Like the soil that feeds us and the ground that locates us in time and space and imparts stability, the power to think, nurture and sustain
Organs: Stomach and Spleen
Physical signs of imbalance : Poor or excessive appetite, especially for poor quality food, eating disorders and digestive problems, prolapsed organs, tiredness after eating, muzzy head, poor concentration, weakened or sluggish immune and lymphatic systems
Emotional wellbeing sign of balance: Capacity to receive support and nourishment and to give the same to others
Mental/Spiritual Aspects of balance : Ability to think clearly and supportively, fulfil dreams and get needs meet and have opinions and ideas
Team capacity balance – looking after and supporting the others in the team, team building, and conserving relationships with colleagues and clients, negotiate and have creative ideas
Indicators of imbalance
- Worry, obsession and over-thinking or so tired you cannot think
- Craving for support, concern, sympathy and understanding or need to feel needed.
- Poor concentration or fuzzy thinking
- Need to feel at home and make others feel at home, home environment is also important, having stability to come back to.
- Smother people or have over concern/worry about them or just be too earnest for validation
- Put others first, often to the detriment of yourself and become martyrs, or just focus on self and getting own needs met
- Do you reject understanding or practical help and then feel unsupported
- Find it difficult to ask others for what you need, and expect others to read your mind.
- Do you have Issues with self worth and self esteem
- Feel indignant when generosity doesn’t get repaid
- Lack of identity or have a feeling of instability especially from childhood.
Life Exercises for Earth issues - to fix the imbalance
- Find ways to regularly unburden yourself of worry and concerns such as in meditation or by writing the down.
- Balance the needs of others with your own needs
- Schedule in time for you
- Think less about what you want and more about what you need.
- Channel your natural need to care in ways that are truly productive and useful
- Balance the need to be needed or involved with losing a sense of yourself
- Ask “what can I do to centre myself?” in the changing challenges of life
- Ask “what support do I need and what will nourish me?”
- List things that enhance your self worth and self esteem
- Re-assess your diet and avoid too much sugar
- If brain/thinking gets fuzzy do something physical to clear your head
- Avoid over studying or concentrating – take regular breaks
- Have a regular massage, walks in nature and have natural things around you.
- Take time to get your own house in order and be a place you feel goo in.