8 points or weekly plan for Late Summer Food21 Aug 2016
Late summer ... one of my favourite descriptions (by Sue Woodd ) of the ideal image for late summer, is like a peach or nectarine, firm exterior, soft fleshy beneath and a hard nut inside !
These are things you can do each week of the Late summer season, or you can make a plan and implement changes are the the first few weeks of the season, listed below - so you can become the peach of the season !
- Take Control of your diet … the amount you eat, Make decision about what you are eating and the nutritional value of it.
- Planning ahead for your seasonal Nutrition. List food in season and collect recipes for the season. Make meal plans to economise.
- The way you cook your food is vital, low constant heat to sweat the food to keep the sweetness because it’s the seasonal flavour!
- Its vital to enjoy the food you are eating at this time of year, Go out with a friend for a meal, and enjoy your food choices. Put your heart into your cooking.
- Are you eating too much sugar … it lowers your self-esteem. Replace with sweet vegetables. Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin etc.
- Using root vegetables like sweet potatoes, beetroot, ginger to create interesting earth based smoothies. Or curries, using the spices to boost internal heat.
- Clear the cupboards, buy the non-perishables for the season, check the back of the cupboards do a sell by date sort out
- Is the food you are eating too dampening, wheat, diary food, beer, orange juice, concentrated food, all of these are too dampening for this time of year, cut down on or cut out!
- Cut down on sugary drinks. Replace with spicy teas or grated ginger infusion. More warming drinks, as the season gets colder, avoiding icy drinks.